In order to be considered for a possible nomination, the following must be completed and received in Congressman Chris Gibson’s office no later than Friday, October 30, 2015. *No applications will be considered after this date.
1. Congressional Application Form; must be sent to all members of the Academy Selection Committee and your Academy Liaison Office. Click here for the complete application.
2. Essay (500 words or less) explaining your motivations for attending the Service Academy to which you are applying; must be sent to all members of the Academy Selection Committee and your Academy Liaison Office.
3. Three Letters of Recommendation (One MUST be from your Guidance Counselor or Principal) ONLY Sent to Congressional Office.
4. Certified copy of your high school transcript for the Congressman’s Office. A regular copy is all that is necessary for the Committee.
5. Copy of your SAT, ACT, or PSAT scores. Our college board # is 2885. College Board’s will send them directly to the Congressional.
6. Recent photo (placed in the left hand corner of application; preferably 2 ½ x 3 ½).
Please send your completed Congressional Application Form and supporting documents to:
Representative Chris Gibson
Attn: Ann Mueller
2 Hudson Street, PO Box 775
Kinderhook, NY 12106
Note to Applicant:
· Application and supporting materials must be submitted together in one envelope. Only updated SAT or ACT Scores will be accepted independently.
· In addition to submission to Congressman Chris Gibson, your completed Congressional Application Form (including your essay) must also be mailed to ALL members of the Academy Selection Committee (everyone in Group A), as well as the Academy Liaison Officer for the Academy of your choice. Click here for the list of committee members and liaison officers.